JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

How do you clean the top of the jug on a hand blender

how do you clean the top of the jug on a hand blender please.
because i have just used it and i a getting a lot of black bits in by mix.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to show send a picture so I am clear which part your having difficulty cleaning.

In the vast majority you can submerge all but the hand blender itself in hot soapy water which should allow any debris to be cleaned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you running around like a mad man,
the problem is that the top were you put the drive ie blender unit the drive bit were you connect to the blade! that connnection has gunge comming from it.
i have cleaned it with hot water and pieced the top so that i can get hot water to the inside,
have given it a good wash and i hope that it has done the trick!If you have any more ideas it will greatly appricated.Regards
Robert
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert,

The last resort is you can put it in the dishwasher, however its not advisable as this can damage teh bearing, but is worth giving it a try as failing that its buying a replacement blender attachment.

Let me know how it goes after using hot soapy water.

James