George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a AEG OKO -LAVAMAT 1576 TURBO WASHING MASHINE. IT

We have a AEG OKO -LAVAMAT 1576 TURBO WASHING MASHINE.
IT HAS WORKED VERY VERY WELL UNTIL LAST FEW WEEKS WHEN IT HAS FAILED TOWARDS THE END OF THE CYCLE AND HAS NOT SPUN DRIED THE WASHING.CAN YOU ADVISE HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. WE ARE LOCATED CLOSE TO SAN PEDRO AND ESTEPONA IN SOUTHERN SPAIN
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Paul, my name is George,

Can you tell me the PNC / Product code that is on the label inside the door please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I CANNOT BECAUSE WE RETURNED TO UK YESTERDAY .WE HAVE HAD THE MACINE ABOUT 6 YEARS

How old is the appliance Paul?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT WAS BOUGHT NEW ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO

and how often is it used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USED DAILY FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS OF THE YEAR WHEN WE ARE IN SPAIN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DID YOU RECEIVE MY REPLY ?

Ok, this type of issue (given the answers above) is usually caused by one of three possibilities..

1. The appliance is Out Of Balance
    This can be caused by laundry weights being uneven, or by a fault on the sensor of the PCB
  2. There is a blockage in the drain.
    If water is still in the appliance due to the failure of a drain cycle to emit all water, then the appliance will not spin.
  3. MOST LIKELY The carbon brushes of the motor are worn and require changing...
    This allows the motor to turn during normal tumble, but not spin when it has weight in it.
    Try filling the appliance with water but not clothes.. Then when the drain/spin cycle is due, if the appliance drains ok and spins at full speed when not having weight in it, then it is highly likely that the carbon brushes need changing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU I WILL TRY THOSE OPTIONS WHEN NEXT IN SPAIN I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

You are very welcome.
Please let me know if you still have problems.. otherwise, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.