KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Dcawc350 stops with an end cycle bleep even though it has

Customer Question

dcawc350 stops with an end cycle bleep even though it has only being going for 3 minutes?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I have cleaned filters, checked water inlet pipe, left machine powered off for some 1hr. not much more I can tell you
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... it seems water in the base of unit is causing this issue...with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and tilt it by around 45 degrees so that excess water drains off then remove the base plate and clean the drain pump complete, make sure nothing is blocked...now plug it back and try again it should work... if the problem occurs again then check for leak causing this issue.
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for this I have the machine out and the bottom plate taken off, how do I remove or get to clean the drain pump it seems to be a sealed unit?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
For ***** *****. I have done as requested but how do I get to remove or clean the drain pump?

Sorry was away ... if you have cleaned it then check just clean the drain pump/hose ... you dont have to remove it at the moment ... plug it back and try again

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That was the question how do I clean the pump it is all sealed????

You dont have to clean it at the moment if you want to ... then lay it on the left side and take off the base panel to remove the drain hose ... after this is done and problem is still there then let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We are going round in circles. As stated I have taken off bottom cover, taken off the drain pipe which is clear. You earlier said clean the drain pump and I asked the question of how to do this, I still do not know how. Also to the right of the drain pump is a large plastic container which looks to be full of some orange material is this normal\/

Have you plugged it and tried it again ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have and have the same fault. I did say in my notes that I had checked the drain pipe and all was clear so I am not sure what we have achieved from your diagnosis apart from wasting a whole load of my time. Do you have any technician that may have better ideas??

Ok try this and let me know ... unplug it for 5 minutes then plug it back... after this turn it on and select the first cycle which is rinse
then turn it off ... now press and hold the start button in and turn it on. Keep the button held in for Several seconds
and then press the start button once and close the door. Now it will run a test cycle which is about 12 minutes long.
If it picks up a fault it will start to beep and drain the water out. You have to then open the door and then the start lights will be flashing.
Count the number of flashes inn between the break and let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It did not last 12 mins before beeping the number of flashes is 5

Thanks for that .... 5 flashes is a motor problem and you will have to replace the motor to cure this fault... so we were not going round in circles and you have been advised of the right area to check since the beginning ... to replace the motor you have to pull it out and take off the front cover located below the door and make sure the water is not there.... then as I said earlier lay it on the left hand side and take off the base panel to replace the motor .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Kevin, I can now see what your process was. I guess I need to call an engineer as I do not think I can handle this.
Thanks for your help

You are welcome... Thanks