JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Panasonic fridge/freezer{NR-B32SG2} ices up in a couple

My Panasonic fridge/freezer{NR-B32SG2} ices up in a couple of days in the bottom, ie underneath the bottom tray. Is there a simple remedy, please? The temperature shows the correct setting of -18c.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The most likely cause is cold air escaping, the majority of the cold air sits at the bottom of the freezer so in the first instance check to see if the door is correctly opening and closing (encase something is obstructing it).

Then check the door hinges to check the door is square.

Finally if the door seems to be closing correctly and nothing is obstructing it the next step is to replace the door seal, these can be purchased for under £30 from here.

James