Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I can't get my electric oven to work I have error code f3?

Customer Question

Hi I can't get my electric oven to work I have error code f3?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does t have model number! Just says zanussi and underneath say Electrolux
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found on the back of cooker model number ZKT6050X
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this help ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Yes thats the number. please give me a few minutes so i can have a look at the service manual and i will reply back very soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the error code says f9
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok F9 error code is a communication problem between the main control board and the touch control board

What you can try first if yoou havent is turn the power off to the oven and leave it for 20 minutes and then turn it back on. See if this clears the code.

If t hasnt then you need to check all the wiring connection under the hob. You need to open the top oven door and remove the screws on the underside of the hob and then you can lift it up.

Make sure the power is turned off and there you will see yellow wiring cables going between all the boards. Disconnect the wiring blocks and refit them on all the boards and then retry it and see how it goes. Fingers crossed its a bad connection causing this so doing the above will cure it.

But if its the same then one of the boards will be the fault. Now this is the bad news as it could be any of them. Theres no way of testing the boards to see which is faulty as you wont be able to tell. Its a case or replacing the boards to see.

Usually its the main board at the back at fault that causes this.

So try the above if you are able to and see what you find. As that will be whats causing the fault here.