KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

IQ300 dryer used to have it on cupboard dry extra cottons

Customer Question

IQ300 dryer used to have it on cupboard dry extra cottons but stoped working, went to cupboard dry easy care as worked for about 3 week but now doing the same runs does a full cycle but not dry at the end no water in containe but some times it does work if keep trying.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... have you tried it on cold wash only cycle ? if it works fine in cold wash then you will have to replace the heater element ... please get back with its complete model number for further assistance.
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its an IQ300 dryer not washer

IQ300 is not a model number ... please check its complete model number which starts with E nr and let me know how old is it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enr WT46E384GB/27
FD9101200035

Thanks, ***** ***** does not dry it means the heater element for this dryer has failed and will need replacement ... a new one will cost £75 + labor... you can check the dryer and thermostat with a multimeter for continuity... no continuity means the element has to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4/5 years old

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when we open it up its steaming, so the element must be doing something or it would be cold.

yes correct but as it fails regularly so it is either the element and/or the thermostat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why would it work on a different cycle if the element was done like a say it's always steaming when we open it sounds like it might be worth trying thermostat first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think

Sorry was away ... yes if you can test the thermostat or you can just replace it... usually when heater is replaced the thermostat should be replaced with that as well