Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Neff s51e50x1gb/03 dishwasher. While fitting a new

Customer Question

I have a Neff s51e50x1gb/03 dishwasher. While fitting a new waste pump 3 purple wires have become detached from their socket. This is part of a cable form with two of these sockets.
The cables are not individually coded how can I decide which cable goes to which pin in the connector.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Are you able to send a picture of where the cables connect from and the three terminals they go to?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll see if I can get some decent photos and send them to you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I a having trouble getting photos.
The cable form comes from the main connection block and consists of 6 purple leads terminating in 2 plugs each with three leads. The shorter one I knocked the locking cap off and the 3 leads came out. This plugs into a black socket. The longer 3 leads go to another white plug which goes slightly further on and towards the front of the machine.
Sorry if this doesn't help I will try photos again tomorrow. I'm hoping it doesn't mean a complete new wiring harness.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately I am not that familiar with this model so will struggle to visualise what would go where. I will opt out in favour of another expert who may be able to refer to the service manual for this model or having more recent knowledge of the wiring loom.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks for your help.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 11 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam