Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The light for the lower oven/grill temperature display on

Customer Question

The light for the lower oven/grill temperature display on our Neff U1552/U1562 oven is not working and the temperature control knob seems to lack friction when you turn it. Please advise on these two issues. Many thanks. Rob Sawyer
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Firstly could you give me the full ENr located on the rating label, its looks like -U1562B0GB/05 or similar

• U1562B0GB/05 or similar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. The ENr. is U1552NOGB/01.

Copy and paste the following into your browser - http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/U1552N0GB/01 -- then spare parts list and exploded diagrams, then page 2. Come back to me when you have this in view.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I have this.

The front knobs are only a push fit, take off the one that you feel is faulty and see if the shaft end is in anyway damaged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shaft end is not damaged. It's when the knob is turned that the lack of friction or purchase is apparent. Also when the left hand knob (next to it) is turned to the left for grill and to the right for oven the little red thermometer lights up but the temperature scale does not light up when the right hand knob is turned.

OK sounds like your oven thermostat is faulty - if you take off the top and then follow the temperature knob backwards you should be able to see the thermostat shaft moving - can you see this happening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do this tomorrow and get back to you. Many thanks for your help so far.

No worries look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, Since your last reply on 5/8 I have been on holiday but have now returned. I have taken off the top and released the whole assembly containing the two knobs (oven/grill on/off and temp.control). The first thing I can see is that what looks like a piece of film on the temp. control side is broken and therefore not winding across the window as you adjust the temp. up and down. The temperature control is working but we are having to guess the setting as there is no display and it is not lighting up.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually the lights are on when the temp.control knob is turned but because the 'film' has come adrift and is not winding across the window the temp in not displayed. What do you advise?