Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Water at the bottom of the refrigerator

Customer Question

water at the bottom of the refrigerator
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi Catherine - can you give me the model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im really not sure what the modal number is ***** on the front it says rfa52 iced diamond, hopefully that might be of some help to you.

Copy and paste the following into your browser and then we are on the same page -- http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=20594 -- go to page eight which shows the drain gutter and hole at the back of the fridge, is this drain hole clear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pulled my fridge freezer out everything is enclosed at the back so there is no way I can see if there is a blockage. I have a thermostat inside which tells me the temperature is correct. On the back wall it looks iced up but water seems to be dripping down and going into the bottom of my fridge this I have to clear out nearly every 3 days which is sooo annoying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would really like some advice as Ive never had this problem with any fridge freezer that I have had in the past and if this is going to cost me £20 every time as a pensioner then I cant afford to keep in contact with you so I need value for money and some remedy to my problem .

OK firstly remove all the food and shelves from you fridge area. Boil up a kettle and carefully pour hot boiling water into the hole at the back and tell me if it runs away or backs up?