JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Panasonic Side By Side Fridge Freezer NR-B53V2XB and the

Customer Question

Panasonic Side By Side Fridge Freezer NR-B53V2XB and the fridge temperature is flashing 8 degrees (while programmed for 4 degrees). The compressor is constantly running to correct this to no avail. Is there a simple reset option or am I in trouble....
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The temperature is flashing as its well over the desired temp.

My suggestion is you switch it off for 30 minutes to let the compressor cool down, set the temperature to 8 degrees and see if it can maintain 8 degrees, then every couple of hours lower the temperature by a degree and see if it can get down to 4 degrees.

If this wont work, check the back of the fridge is free so air can circulate around the radiator, and the door seal is not damaged, if the door seal is not damaged then the fault could be with the level of gas in the fridge and would certainly require an engineer to come out, if you would like me to suggest a suitable repair company please provide me with your postcode.

James