Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

We have a daewoo fridge freezer FRS-T20DA. Bought in 2008

we have a daewoo fridge freezer FRS-T20DA. Bought in 2008 from ***** *****. The fridge has worked fine up until this spring. The freezer appears to be creating a large deposit of ice around the ice making unit, to the point where it is difficult to open the freezer door, due to ice build up. Is this repairable?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you look at the flapper that opens to allow ice to dispense at the door, does it seal completely to prevent warm air from going up into the freezer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The flapper was open and I am sure your advice is going to be the answer. Many many thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Sounds like you got it figured out, nice work!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!