Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My hoover HO423/6VX won't heat up the fans come on but the

Customer Question

My hoover HO423/6VX won't heat up the fans come on but the light doesn't illuminate and it therefore isn't heating up. It's brand new so shouldn't be heating element etc
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 4 months ago.

Would you kindly let me have the product code of the appliance. Its located on the rating label - Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hopefully the info you need:HO423/6VX
TYPE MR05

Its an 8 number code usually starts with a 3................. it can include the serial number with it. If you have a number longer than 8 digits just post the whole thing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
33701213
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Was the information sent last night what you needed?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My message may not have sent until this morning, I don't have the best signal in my house so apologies if it didn't

OK the first thing that you must do is check that the connector block at the back of the oven has been connected up correctly and in line with the installation instructions. Secondly which fan is coming on, you have two one on the top which is used to cool the electronics, the other to circulate the heat in the oven?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi there is only 1 fan which comes on when oven is turned on and the oven had been working fine it was connected up about a month ago

Operating for about a month and then failing is a classic feature of the mains connector block not being installed correctly and one or more of the jumper cable connectors being loose. This is at the rear of the appliance - why have you sent photos of the front view?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
To show the fan and model info if needed

OK thank you - first thing to do is remove the oven and check the connector block at the back.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Everything seems fine there

OK now that you have confirmed that the connection is not faulty you should contact Hoover service and get them to come out and do a warranty repair. If you try and fix it yourself you will invalidate the warranty and then have to pay for the repair yourself. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, do come back to me if you subsequently need further advice.

Do you require further assistance - if not would you kindly rate the information given so that I can close the job down on the system - thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
To be honest this hasn't really helped at all
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 months ago.

OK this is the deal - I get paid for helping customers resolve their problems. I can take you through the full procedure to rectify your problem assuming you have a grasp of electrical principles and some electrical test equipment such as a multimeter.. You then have a working appliance. In the process you invalidate your warrantly and Hoover wont come out and repair your appliance under its warranty. Now I spent some of my time checking out that you have installed it correctly and assuming you have you can still get a warranty repair. If you decide that you want to continue rate my service sofar and we can proceed. Otherwise as stated before call out Hoover and get a warranty call.