JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Lavazza Mio LM 5400 coffee machine and every time

I have a Lavazza Mio LM 5400 coffee machine and every time we make a c up of coffee the water drawer in the pull out section is filled up with water to the top. Any suggestions what we can do. Thanks Jean Marriner
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jean,

For future reference the manual for your Coffee Machine can be found here.

If your referring to the waste contained which is located under where the cup is placed this would suggest the issue is an overflow problem. If its full up of water (clear) rather than Coffee this is often caused by scale.

Instructing for descaling can be found on page 12 of the manual referenced above, in essence place a descaling solution in the water tank, press and hold both Cappuccino and Latte buttons for 3 seconds.

If this doesnt resolve the issue, you will need to get the unit serviced as there is a blockage in the boiler.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi James unfortunately what you told us to do i.e. descaling we had already done as said in my first query so that was not too helpful so obviously we have to see if we can get it fixed. Thanks Jean