JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have interior light but have nothing on the display and

i have interior light but have nothing on the display and nothing else is working
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This would suggest a main board failure, if you can provide me with the model number of the fridge I can give you a estimate for getting this repaired.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
cf 40
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Many thanks for the prompt reply

On checking on the unit spec, I now have a few extra questions, can you confirm if you have tried using this on both 12V and mains?

The fact the light is illuminated we know power is getting to the box, which rules out a fuse, it could be the inverter \ transformer which has failed, the best way to rule this out is to check it on both power supplies and see if the control panel illuminates.

This is looking to be a case of getting it to a repair centre, as the fault is hardware based, a transformer costs around £50 in parts and a control panel £100, if you take it to a repair centre they will at least be able to diagnose the exact fault and give you a fixed price for repair, if you provide me with your post code I can advise you of your nearest repair centre.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hello I am just following up from last week, do you still require assistance, if the above suggestion has resolved your issue I would appreciate if you could rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ng17 3jj
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The nearest Waeco service engineer is Alan Kinsley, who is within 10 miles of your postcode.

A colleague of mine has used him previously so he comes well recommended, he charges £40 call out but that covers the diagnostics and 30 minutes of labour.

Alan is expecting your call his details are:
Telephone: +44 (0)7586 350451
Web: http://www.affordablecaravans.uk.com
Email: *****@******.***

James