JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an AEG Electrolux integrated coffee machine

Customer Question

Hi, I have an AEG Electrolux integrated coffee machine code###-##-####Profile espresso PE 8038-M serial no(###) ###-####date 27/11/07
Have checked plug, no electricity to machine not turning on. This is in an apartment we have just bought and not working. Three other apartment owners have had engineer out to be told not fixable and charged £60 for the privilege. I can't believe that this whole unit has to be dumped. Surely these are made so they can be fixed. Would appreciate your expert opinion. Thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I have to say I was surprised to see you can still get spares, based on the age.

The face spares are available from here, would suggest your issue can be fixed.

There could be a number of issues, an internal fuse, faulty transformer\regulator, but all the parts look reasonable so you should be able to get it fixed for around £100 including parts and labour.

You will see from the parts diagram here, everything an engineer needs is accessible via the AEG page, and from looking at the diagram this isnt an overly complicated device, so I think this should be something which can be fixed, and is worth doing.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James