Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Need to know the wiring of the start capacitor on FZS150G

Customer Question

Need to know the wiring of the start capacitor on FZS150G plug mounted on the compressor
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The capacitor is a run capacitor and is optional. It is not needed for the compressor to run and is there only to help with the efficiency of the compressor while it runs. So, it goes on the run side of the relay or in between the run winding wire, depending on the type of start device you are using.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has come off the plug on the freezer. Do you have a wiring diagram for,this model?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I see this is a UK model. I do not have access to the wiring diagram. I will place your question back to the list for others to see.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The incoming power supply comes in to the plug and there are wires going up to the controls on the top of the freezer. There are three terminals spare which I assume two will accept the two wires from the capacitor so I want to know which of them I will connect to. Your answer is not what I wanted.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

I see Kelly has opted out of the question so i will jump in.

Hotpoint do not list wiring digrames for the relay as they change all the time. But if you can post a picture of the relay with the wiring i will be able to tell you were the wires go from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.