Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My fridge feels quite warm. not sure if its still working..

Customer Question

Hi .. My fridge feels quite warm. not sure if its still working.. but the freezer seems ok. how do i know its not konked off
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Z1 -820/8FF
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think thats the number.. not sure..
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I dont think thats correct as its not comming up. On the sticker inside the fridge do you see a product number. It will start with a 9, Can you post that please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
91200050
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

None of them numbers are comming on on the techinal site. Are you in the uk?

Is this a frost free model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the UK...
Model Number : ZI 720/8 FF
Type B 257726
PNC###-##-####Ser No 91200050
Gross Capacity 282
Class 220-240V
Refrigerant R600a
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any luck?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that ive got it now.

This is what they call a frost free freezer but a wet wall fridge so the compressor pumps the gas around the fridge section as well as the freezer.

Now if the freezer is working but the fridge is going off then if you can access the back of the appliance there you will seee the compressor at the bottom. Feel this and see if its hot to touch.

But im afraid if the fridge is going off then it will be a compressor fault. As thats the only thing that will cause this fault. But a new compressor isnt worth it as you are looking at around the £250-300 which on this appliance as going od the serial number its 20 years old so not even worth replacing the compressor.

Sorry its not good news but just keep an eye on it as you will find the freezer will start to go off as well sooner rather then later,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well the light is on... and it not gone off. just not cold as it should be. i cant reach the compressor.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Normally when you start to loose the cooling its the compressor on these. You will find it will start to get warmer as goes. So just keep an eye on it and see how it goes and be prepared to find somewere for your freezer food if that starts to go off as well.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I see the question is still open, Is there anything else i can help you with on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.