Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an AEG Competence fan oven. Initially on fan oven

I have an AEG Competence fan oven. Initially on fan oven mode the fan did not always start but would start on reprogramming but it eventually stopped. I purchased a replacement fan from AEG but on installing this it still does not start. Could it be a faulty fan thermal cut-out problem!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This is more than likley the main control board. The reason I say that is you replaced the fan, and it still doesn't always come one. The thermal fuse would kick it off before it even started. But wouldn't come back on even after re programming.

I know this issue well. If you need a source for the part please let me know, but it sounds as if you have one?

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael