JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I melted a plastic colander when I inadvertently left it on

I melted a plastic colander when I inadvertently left it on the top of my cooker one of the burners is blocked completely and another does not come up to pressure will this be an expensive repair?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, to confirm are you talking about a gas hob?

This repair would be around £60-80, Zanussi hobs are rather easy to repair, as this is a gas appliance it will however require a Gas Safe engineer to do the repair.

It is most likely the jets which sit under the burners have become blocked, they unscrew in a matter of seconds and can be cleaned or replaced, a complete set can be found here for under £20.

Service Force are the recommended repair firm, however they do charge around £60 call out so your looking at the top end of the repair cost.

Please let me know if you require anything clarified.

James