George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have put a t shirt in the machine and part of it has got

I have put a t shirt in the machine and part of it has got stuck under the door. it has gotten quite twisted and I am worried about the rubber lining being torn so I have turned off the machine. however the door lock will not release. is there a way of forcing this?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Adrienne, my name is George,

Do you know the model of your appliance. Sometimes, this will be printed in short-form on the fascia panel of the appliance and nearly allways it will be on the back panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hot point, ultima, WF860, 1600 spin

Is there water still i the appliance and if so, how much?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cycle has just started

Press and hold the start cancel button to cancel the program, then if it doesn't automatically start to drain, set it to drain with no spin to expel any water from within...

Once this is done, the door should open.. Let me know

Have you managed it Adrienne?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you

You are very welcome.
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.