Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Panasonic TV (TX-26LXD52) which I have had for

I have a Panasonic TV (TX-26LXD52) which I have had for several years now ant it is still providing us with an excellent picture.
Recently, however, it has started to display the letters HDMI permanently in the top left-hand corner of the screen and I cannot discover how to hide these letters.
This is particularly frustrating as the letters hide much of the scores etc in tennis matches and now at the Olympics.
Do hope you can help!
Many thanks in anticipation.
Brian Daniels
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

On this model, you will need to replace the input board. They seem to go bad in this way. I recommend a repair shop or home repair service for this as there is some delicate soldering that needs to be done. Also if you aren't experienced at this rework kind or works you likley to do more harm than good. But an experienced TV Technician. can easily fix that for you before it gets worse, and it will unfortunately if not fixed;-)

This is Not and expensive repair and well worth the cost in this instance, any local TV repair shop can do this for you.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael