Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do I initiate the self-cleaning mode of my Siemens main

How do I initiate the self-cleaning mode of my Siemens main oven? (Model HB55MB551B) A step guide would be appreciated.
(I can do this for the top oven, but not for the main oven for some reason.)
For the main oven I can turn the function selector to clean, but I am unable to select the cleaning levels via the temperature selector. The display states 'no' when I try to initiate the self-cleaning mode.
Thanks!
Does this mean my main oven does not have the self-cleaning option?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.

The bottom oven does have a cleaning cycle on it.

Make sure the door is closed.

To set it turn the lower oven dial to clean.

Then turn the lower over thermostat which is the + and - knob.

As you turn the dial it should change between 1, 2 and 3. 1 being gentle 2 medium and 3 intensive.

Set it to which ever you want and wait a few seconds and it should kick in then.

Thats how you set the cleaning cycle on this. Try that and see if it works and let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** that didn't work. Turning the dial does not show the cleaning levels I.e. 1, 2, 3.

Strange, When you have it set to clean and you turn the lower oven dial is it just showing no on the display still then?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Correct. Main display states 'no' and I cannot see the cleaning levels in the temperature display.

Try it this way instead.

Turn the main oven dial off.

Then turn the oven thermostat and see if it selects either 1, 2 or 3 cleaning levels

Then turn the oven dial to clean and see if it starts it then.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, cleaning levels not selected with the main oven dial off.

Ok im afraid its looking like a fault on the unit im afraid.

As the service info is showing it as having a cleaning cycle and thats the only way to start it just like the top oven.

So this is looking like the control unit is faulty if it wont select the clean cycle. Thats all it can be im afraid.

Sorry its not good news.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Think I solved it. Changed the basic settings for the oven and it works now. Sod's law and all that, eh? :)Many thanks, anyway.

Nice one, Glad to hear thats sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

Hopefully it will be trouble free now :)

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If not then could you please rate the answer i gave and that will close the question on this.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.