Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

AEG Lavamat 8kg, doesn't respond to the cycle options. Tried

Customer Question

Hi, AEG Lavamat 8kg, doesn't respond to the cycle options. Tried draining, cleaning filter, rotating the impeller 360 degrees, Spin cycled to confirm impeller works etc. But when trying Drain cycle, the machine doesn't run. As for all commands, there is an initial 'buzz' when Start is pressed, but then nothing else happens apart from the timer decreasing. No error code either. Have managed to run the Easy Linen 40 cycle only... Please help. Many thanks, Paul.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

This is a bad main control board as you may have already suspected.

Its easy to replace if you have a few basic tools and are just a little handy. And I will help when you have that part no additional cost for that.

The best place to get that board for cost and reliability is : http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would really call to order this board for many reasons. ALso if you call them, they will ship that part the same day in most cases.

Please call Ransom spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Brands » AEG

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, that's for your response. How do I ensure that I order the correct part?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm on the Random Spares website. Do you mean the part called 'PCB Configured'? As in it looks as though it would sit behind the control knob?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've found a 'Control & Display Board LED' a slim, wide, thinnish unit (cream coloured plastic)? £75
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting confused with this website. It seems I've now misread that I have to Rate your service up front, but then that has seemed to have completed my request!?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am here today please ask me anything you need, I am here to help;-)

Tech Michael