Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916
Appliance

I am trying to replace the door hinge on my aeg tumble

dryer, I have removed the... Show More
dryer, I have removed the part from the door that holds the hinge but how do I remove the pin in order to be able to fit the new hinge, is it a question of brute force, wd40 or is there something simple I am missing?
Show Less
replied 1 year ago.

Evening Stephanie - Would you kindly let me have the full model number and the PNC a 9 or 11 number code both on the rating label inside the door ~ Ian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Model T88595IS
Product number 916 097 384 00
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago.

I have attached an exploded diagram of the hinge assembly - from what I can see you remove the two hinge bushes from the original hinge piece (one top and one bottom). Put the new hinge pin in place and refit the hinge bushes to top and bottom over the new hinge pin and hinge assembly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
There doesn't seem to be a piece to move?

Stephanie - if you look at the hinge pin running down the center of picture 1 you will see that one end is serrated. With a pin punch or thin screwdriver, knock the pin from the other end (noting where the rest of the components fit) and it will release from the hinge assembly and you can pull it through - Ian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help, we now have a working tumble dryer door!

A pleasure - if you need further help just log back in - thank you for the rating and have a good day.