JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Whirlpool front loading washing machine model no AWM1019.

Customer Question

Whirlpool front loading washing machine model no AWM1019. Unable to open door. Had an engineer round who said it needed a new control panel. He didn't open the door so the wet washing has been in there for 14 days. We have insurance cover but they say the part will be another 10 days.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

To clarify you are just looking to open the washing machine door this is rather simple and works for almost every washing machine.

A video showing you what to do can be found here.

Basically you find some fine string \ fishing wire, wrap it around two objects you can use handles and slip it between the door seal and then apply pressure towards the hinges and the catch is released.

Please dont apply to much force as you may damage the washer seal or break the door catch, you will see by the video it doesnt require a great deal of force.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or need something clarified.

James