Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Candy alise not drying (cloths coming out steaming)

Customer Question

candy alise not drying (cloths coming out steaming)
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** would you kindly let me have the full product code on the label inside the door. This is not the model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
go4 w464-80
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cleaned filter and pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
31003592 1115 1339
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
type lcm8

Thank you - just looking up the details - be right back.

OK can you confirm that the pump is actually pumping water out of the drum?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would like to add that i am a heating engineer and have some basic knowledge of appliances if this helps

OK in that case let me give you an overview of how the drying system works - can I assume your issue is that it is not drying the clothes, rather than spinning them out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems macine is heating ok but cannot dispose of water contentis there some kind of condensor involed

Are we talking the drying cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi are you still theregetting bored waiting for reply

Sorry it only just came up on my screen, its the trouble when you post in the UK, it goes to the US company server and then comes back to me in the UK. OK the way the system works is that a heater on top of the tub assembly heats the air and is blown by a rotating fan forwards and down into the tub via a vent in the door seal. The air then passes through the clothes (removing moisture) and is sucked out of a hole and up inside a condenser tube and the cycle starts again. As this is happening water is injected at the top of the condenser tube and flows in the opposite direction picking up moisture from the circulating hot moisture laden air. This is then pumped out of the appliance. You will have to take of the top and back of the appliance and check that the fain is spinning and water is being injected into the condenser. If it is then likely the condenser is blocked with fluff and you will have to remove it and flush it out. This is not a ten minute job it will take you at least an hour.