KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a samsung TV purchased in November 2011, Model

I have a samsung TV purchased in November 2011, Model UE40D5520 40' HD1081p - I had just finished watching a recorded programme last evening when the screen just went blank - have trided everything but nothing works - have had it switched off at the mains - nothing - but the stand-by button keeps flashing red and when I try and turn it on nothing - I would be grateful if you could please advise if this is a minor problem or a major one. Thank you
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... if there is no sound as well, the problem is with the power board, how many times standby button flashes.. is it flashing continuously or in set sequence ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is falshing in bursts

OK the problem is with the power board, the cost of repair will be around £140