KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Indesit washer dryer not drying clothes.

Customer Question

indesit washer dryer not drying clothes.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... have you checked the heating element and thermostat for continuity ? When it wont dry clothes it is usually the heater element that requires replacement
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

hi there, the clothes are hot during the drying cycle and the heater is def working. the fan is also turning. the dryer seems to make all the right moves but makes the clothes very wet and hot.

OK this is different from what you stated earlier... if the clothes are very hot but not drying it is the problem with NTC (thermostat) which is causing this issue, the element sensor should also be replaced

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

hi, sorry if i was not clear. what i was trying to say is that the dryer element is very hot and seems to be ok and the dryer fan turns. the clothes end up very wet and hot during the drying cycle. the washing machine side runs perfect.

No problem, thanks for the update, if everything else works fine please replace these two parts to solve the problem

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

hi there. is the ntc on the main washer water heater part number C00083915, and last can you tell me where the sensor is located. thanks for your time

Please check...NTC Thermistor and Element sensor

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

many thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

hi there. i fitted these parts and i am now getting an error code f003. when you select the the iron or cupboard cycle the machine comes up with a fault code f003. if you select a time 30, 60 or 100 min drying cycle the machine will dry fine but will end with the f003 code and the only way to stop this is to turn the machine off. f003 is a sensor fault.

Are you sure dryer sensor was installed correctly ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

it just pulled out and i fitted the new one the same way. it did not seem to be hard to do. the wash element one you have to loosen the nut but this one pulled out ok. the wire had a plug which i think only fitted back on one way..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

hi kevin. can i please ask you for some advice on the sensor error after fitting new ones. many thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

hi kevin. can i please ask you for some advice on the sensor error after fitting new ones. many thanks