Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I am having a problem with the conditioner dispenser on my

Customer Question

I am having a problem with the conditioner dispenser on my Indesit IWME127.
Once the machine has finished the cycle it is still in the compartment and the bleach compartment is also full of water.
Can the machine be used if the removable bleach compartment is taken out?
Kind regards,
Rob Jones
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 3 months ago.

Hi Rob - could you kindly let me have the serial number of you appliance please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The serial number is ***** a sticker and it reads S/N###-##-####80835980100

Thank you - firstly you need to check that the syphon tube is not blocked by solidified conditioner or soap powder, this entails removing the dispenser and cleaning it with hot water - have you checked this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. I have tried that process and there is no blockage, plus I do tend to keep on top of that if need be. The machine has hardly been used as we have only recently moved in. It has been working but not for the last couple of wash cycles.

OK if you take the soap dispenser out are all the holes in top of the soap box clear and clean?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've just removed the soap dispenser and had a quick look and they look ok. They don't look like they are blocked. The machine is still quite new so I would be surprised if they had clogged up that quickly.

OK do you have any electrical test equipment such as a multimeter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm afraid I don't and I'm not sure what I would do with it.
I also mentioned that the removable bleach compartment is full of water after the wash cycle ends. What would happen if I removed the bleach compartment?

Leave it with me - usually if you have a compartment full of water its a blockage. But I'll have a look at the drawings when I get to work tomorrow and come back to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sorry for the delay - let me explain how it works and then you can consider what you want to do next. In the wash or rinse phase only one of the two water inlet valves are opened, during the conditioner phase both are. Working on the information supplied it sounds like one of the valves is not working or no power is reaching it. The only other thing it can be is you have a blockage. Whichever the cause you will have to remove the appliance and remove the top to check.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. I will try the machine again before I consider removing the top as it is an integrated appliance, so it will need a professional touch if you know what I mean. Regarding the bleach compartment being full of water at the end of the cycle, what would happen if I took that section out before the cycle? Where would the water go instead of collecting in that compartment?

With regard to the bleach container, water would just go into the appliance - Ian

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Ian, I will give that a try when I get home. When you say the water would go in the appliance, would it drain through the system? I haven't used the machine since I've noticed the fault but I will try it again and see how I get on.

Yes all water/bleach etc would pass through the system.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Ian, thanks for getting back to me. I will put the washer on this evening. I will add some conditioner and remove the bleach compartment and I will let you know how I get on.

OK look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Ian. I have had the washer on twice now and no luck I'm afraid. I did one load without conditioner and removed the bleach compartment which solved the problem of it filling with water. I then did another load today, removed the blue cover from the conditioner compartment thinking it might help, and added the conditioner but it was still there at the end of the cycle. With the machine being integrated, it is not easily accessible. Where to next? The machine works without conditioner so it's not the end of the world but it's annoying.

OK the next stage is to check two things - put it on a prewash and check that water is being fed into the prewash slot in the dispenser, then select a main wash and confirm water is going into that compartment - come back to me with your results.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Ian. I will give it a try and let you know how I get on.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Ian, hope you're ok. I tried what you suggested. Firstly, I selected the pre wash cycle (1) and I opened the detergent drawer to check what was happening. I had already removed the bleach compartment and the pre wash section was filling with water. This morning I washed some towels and selected colour cotton cycle (3) and added detergent. I opened the detergent drawer and water was filling the detergent compartment. I did not put any conditioner in. After the cycle had finished, I checked the detergent drawer and the conditioner compartment was full of water. Where to next? Rob