Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Jetsystem washing machine machine model zwd16581w not

jetsystem washing machine machine model zwd16581w not working fuse ok nothing on display
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If the fuse and power supply to the washer is fine but theres nothing comming on the display then its either the main control board or the small dryer board at fault here.

What you need to do is unplug the washer and then pull it out and remove the top panel.

From there look behind the control panel and you will see the main control board and a small square board. This is the dryer board.

Look on there and you will see a small red wiring harness going from that board to the main control board.

Disc

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry it looks like half of the answer ive just typed has been deleated. Give me a few minutes as i will retype it in again.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

When you see that red wiring harness going from the dryer board to the main board disconnect it and turn the washer on and see if it comes back on. If it does the the dryer board is the fault and will need to be replaced.

But if afte disconnecting the wiring its still the same then im afraid its the main control board itself at fault here and that will need to be replaced. As if you look at the back of the maing board you will see a blue switching unit. This is the part that fails so for that it will need a complete main control board.

To be honest 8 out of 10 for this is the main control board that causes this fault. As ive replaced many of them in the past for this fault.

So check them out and see what you find if you can. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only see one long board (exposed) and a board in a plastic cover (on the right as you look at the machine from the front)
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

The long board is the main control board which is right behind the plastic control panel.

Then there should be a smaller board just infront of the main board when looking into the washer with the top off. Then small board it attatched to the metal frame at the top.

Do you see that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. but the wires from it (may colours) are in a loom and I cant see which ones to follow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or do I dissconect it feom the small board side? 3 connectors go to that
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

On the smaller board you will see a few wiring blocks. Its a small red wiring loom which goes from that board to the main control board you need to find and disconnect on the small board and see if it comes on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had to unscrew plastic casing from machine as red block underneath. Disconnected, pluged in - still nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thr connector block had 4 red wires going to it so presume correct one?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok in that case the main control board is the fault. As i said most of the time its the main board thats the problem so you just had to try that to confirm it wwasnt the dryer board. And yes what will have been the correct wiring harness.

Im afraid yo will need to replace the main control board on this if you wanted it fixing. But its not a cheap part as you are looking at about the £140 mark roughly just for the board itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine is over 6 years do you recommend a new machine (appreciate my decision!)
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Personally if it was mine i would replace the washer as i dont think its worth spending over £100 on a washer over 5 years old as they dont last long now a days. Thats my opinon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel your help was great and well worth £16 rather than calling out someone. Have a great day.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome.

If you could remember to rate the answer as well that would be great.