Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch Logixx8 Express 1400 express washing machine.

Hi I have a Bosch Logixx8 Express 1400 express washing machine. The alarm is sounding,I have checked filter,outlet, water input and tried a factory reboot but the lams still sounds and it will not work
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also are you getting an error code or flashing lights from it?

If so what lights are flashing or what code do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its a Logixx 8.I have flashing lights there is no number from the right there are three bars, one bar and two bars flashing.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Sorry i need the model number please as Logixx 8 is just the range.

If you are able to open the door there will be a sticker in there with the model on it. It will start E-nr

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got it the number is *****
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Got it thanks.

So as this is a display screen there should be a F error code comming up if theres a fault.

So as you are not getting the F code what lights are flashing?

Are you able to post a picture of the screen?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No F code. Lights on the main screen, which appear as three orange lines one under another, one orange line and two orange lines under another
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you have e mail addy I can send you a picture
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Ok so the only thing thats showing up on the screen is just 3 orange lines?

Does nothing else come on the screen like the cycle you are selecting or anthing like that?

As to the picture you should be able to upload it on here using the tool bar were you type in.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, there are six orange lights. I do not have camera on this pc, but can send from my phone
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi, any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Ok if thats all you see on the screen then its going to be a faulty display control board.

As its not a fault inside the washer as if it was you will be getting F error codes plus you can clear them and it will show the time and cycles selected rather then just bars on the screen.

So as all you have is orange bars on the screena nothing else and it wont clear then it will be the display screen fautly and that will need to be replaced to cure this im afraid, Sorry its not looking like good news here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is that something that can be replaced by the manufacturer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if so, any idea of the cost?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Yes Bosch themselfs can replace this quite easy for you.

The screen itself is £25. Its just there labour charge is quite expensive unless you have a warrenty on it and in that case it will be free.

But if theres no warrenty then it may be worth trying a local appliance tech near you as they will be cheaper then Bosch and there labour is arounf £60 roughly. so with the part thats about £85 roughly all in.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thank you very much