Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch induction hob not working. The plates when turned on

Customer Question

Bosch induction hob not working. The plates when turned on just flash the heat setting number. The pots being used are induction pots and it has been working all along. It is s new hob. I dried the control panel and also isolated and turned back on to reset with no joy. Any suggestions
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Do you have the model number please.

Do you get any E or F codes flashing up?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i think. That is the number printed on the top left of the hob.
No error message just a flashing heat number like it's not induction pot

That number is ***** to do with the glass top makers its not the model number im afraid.

But as to the pans have you used them before on this hob?

I know you say its a new hob but has it worked since it was installed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Perfectly until 20 minutes ago
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where would the model number be located

Ok if the pans are induction pans and have worked before it packed in like this then its looking like the control board is the issue. As its possibley the pan sensor on the board thats faulty as it thinks there isnt a pan on there when there is.

But just check the child lock isnt actiaved first. I dont think it will be but worth checking. If you see a picture of a key then the child lock is on and will need to be turned off.

But if there isnt a picture of a key then its not the child lock.

So for the control board its a case of swapping it over. As its new then just give Neff a bell and they will call out and fix it for free as they usually have 2 years warrenty on them.

So if the child lock isnt on and the correct pans are used then its looking like a faulty control board not picking up the pan when its placed on the magnetic plates.

Its nothing you are doing wrong as its a fault inside the hob so Neff will need to fix it for you on this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. No child lock. Not sure what the issue is. I'll ring Bosch tomorrow. Thanks

Didnt think it was the lock but said any way just to rule it out.

This is going to be a fault with the power board in there as to be honest thats all that every fails on Induction hobs anyway. As you have 4 magnetic plates and the power boards thats all

The magnetic plates never fail so all it can be is the control unit. So im sure Bosch will sort this out for you and get it up and running again.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The right plates are working now and the left ones not
It's all pointing towards the control board here still as that's all that's in there. I'm afraid.

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer then it will close the question down.