JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My zanussi zwg6165 washing machine doesn't heat water and

Customer Question

Hi.my zanussi zwg6165 washing machine doesn't heat water and when on long (e.g.1,5 hours) program I observe that program finishes earlier, after 20 minutes it shows that 45 minutes left.Is the problem with time "skipping" conected with not heating water?Or these are 2 separate problems? Or it is time for a new washing machine?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

There is no hard and fast rule with Zanussi washing machines, based on experience I think the two issues are connected.

Most likely the heating element has failed (or failing), the washer has detected the 'hot' wash part of the cycle failed and there for skips that stage.

A new element is around £30, and your looking at around £30-40 labour to have someone come out and install it, I would think its worth the repair personally, if you want to proceed with the repair, please let me know your postcode and I can recommend someone in your area.

James