JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Our Whirlpool AKP951 oven has failed. There is no power to

Our Whirlpool AKP951 oven has failed. There is no power to bottom oven although top oven is functioning normally. I have replaced oven lamp which had blown but with no change. Any ideas and will I need a technician?.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing else serviceable from a consumer perspective if the top oven is working but the bottom isnt, its unlikely to be uneconomical to repair, from what you have described it could be a faulty control knob, but it will need stripped down and tested using a multi meter.

I would estimate your looking at around £50 labour charge and between 30-60 for parts depending on what part has failed\burnt out.

If you provide me your post code I can certainly recommend an engineer in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. As I suspected it is beyond me to repair. I have a local engineer to hand. Again thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem, so I may close this case please can you rate the service received today.

James