George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I am trying to help an elderly lady with a cooker problem

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This is a high energy appliance please use extreme caution as earthing wires can easily come lose. The part your looking to access isnt consumer serviceable (not sure why), the neon and control knobs are accessed by removing the hob top, from her you remove the screws holding the panel in or just put you hand round the back of the control panel and clip the neon back into place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I remove the hob top please. I am not at this ladys' address but I think I remember 4 screws at the rear of cooker.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Im going to opt out any let another engineer pick this up as I am not comfortable talking you through this task, I suggest you request an qualified person to come out and assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi,still waiting for reply from second expert
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

To gain access to the control area remove the control knobs and timer buttons, then remove 2 screws from the underside of the control panel as you say you have done.. Then slide the control panel assembly to the left and disengage from the upper retaining brackets.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have not tried your solution yet as I am now off on holiday but will try it on my return. it seems like the logical answer. thank you.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 12 months ago.

You are very welcome.
Please let me know if you still have problems.. otherwise, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair