Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hoover Vhv 680c tumble dryer, it stopped heating

Customer Question

I have a hoover Vhv 680c tumble dryer, it stopped heating but all else is working, thought was the heater element as this showed signs of distress (hot spot) so I replaced it. Still no heat. Have now replaced both sensors on the front of the drum, still no heat. Where do I go now?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also no 240 to the heater element, everything else seems to be working, fan and drum turning ok
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

If you have replaced the heater and its still not heating and you dont get 240v to the heater unit then its going to be the main control board.

As for a no heat fault its only ever a fault heater or control board. As on the heater as you will have seen it comes complete with the thermostats and sensors on it. So if after replacing the heater its still not heating then it will be the main control board itself at fault here causing this.

If you access the control board and just inspect it for burning. But from the fault you describe this is going to be a faulty control board.

Now this is a very expensive part. As the board itself is £90 from Hoover direct so not a cheap part im afraid.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer then it will close the question down.