JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Bosch dishwasher hasn't drained properly. There is still

Customer Question

Hello there. My Bosch dishwasher hasn't drained properly. There is still soapy water at the bottom and the dishes aren't completely clean. I've taken out the filter and made sure that there is no blockage under the filter.The brush icon is flashing and the 's' shaped icon under the tap icon has the red light on. Is there anything I can do to rectify this?
Many thanks.
Jenny
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jenny, can you provide me with the model number of your dishwasher.

Generally the S warning light is to signify a lack of salt, this wont be causing the build up of soapy water, so we can discount that at this time, but should be easily rectified by just adding salt to the compartment in the dishwasher.

With regard to the brush icon, I can only comment once I have looked up your model number.

It may be worth putting it on a rinse, and see if all the water drains away, if your left with soap suds this proves its not a drainage problem but rather the amount of soap or lack of water causing the issue, if you still have a pool of water then it would suggest its a drainage issue.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James. To begin with I couldn't get the dishwasher to do anything. Then suddenly I managed to set the programme again and all seems to have been sorted. I will put more salt in. That icon only just came on.I was probably too quick to panic and contact you. But thank you for your fast response.Jenny
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem Jenny, Please rate the service received today, so I can marked the question resolved.

I wont close the question until the end of the week, just encase the issue reoccurs, if it does just message back, and we can continue to troubleshoot.

James