JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Does indesit tumble dryer have to be used with vent hose

Customer Question

Does indesit tumble dryer have to be used with vent hose model idv65uk if fitted under work top with door on front what gap on side of dryer top dryer and I have 5inch gap from door to floor
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The model you have isnt a condensing dryer, so you need a way to remove the moisture expelled from the vent, otherwise you will find the room will get very warm, and the level of moisture will rise which could cause extreme damp problems.

Vent hoses should lead to the outside or a trap such as the one here, regardless of what space\room you give around the dryer under the counter, as you need to remove the moisture.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.