Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint HE7L692. The drum paddles keep breaking

I have a hotpoint HE7L692 . The drum paddles keep breaking
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If the paddels keep breaking then theres something inbetween the drums snapping the tabs on the paddles. I see it a lot were the paddels keep breaking and its something in the drum that causes this.

Take the paddels out again and have a look between the slots in the drum and see if theres anything laying in the bottom of the drum or under the heater.

Bra wires are a big problem that causes this as well.

Then access the underneath of the washer and there you will see the black sump hose. Remove this and clear out anything in there as you can get coins in there that can causes this.

I know there not the best paddles but they shouldnt keep breaking like this. If they keep breaking then its somthing in between the drum or in the sump hose breaking the tabs on the paddles.

Check that and see what you find, If you need anymore info just get back to me.