Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hoover vhc 681b condensir dryer not working - no lights on.

Customer Question

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If there is no sign of power to the dryer, please check the fuse in the plug this is the most likely cause of the fault.

If you dont have a spare 13A fuse use the one for your kettle, if the dryer comes back to life you know its the fuse and can buy a spare from any local shop, if it doesnt you can put the fuse back in the kettle.

Please let me know how you get on, or if you require any further guidance around checking the fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You clearly did not read all the information I gave about what i had already tried. I repeat:
I have confirmed that power is reaching the control panel; I have confirmed continuity across the door latch when closed; I have confirmed continuity across the thermostats under the heat panel at the back of the machine.
Please tell me something that helps the next stage of diagnosis.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out for another expert to assist you, as I do not feel it appropriate to have a consumer perform such diagnostics on a high energy appliance.