George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

When our Rangemaster has been on for about 30 minutes, the

Hi - when our Rangemaster has been on for about 30 minutes, the fuse box trips. British Gas came out and found it was the hood that trips the fuse box. We have turned off the spur to the hood and the cooker does not trip the fuses.
The hood is model LEIHDC110SC serial no 8935 204764.
Do you know what part needs replacing in the hood? Thank you.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Tripping after 30 mins will be caused by a breakdown in insulation in the motors windings and for that serial number you would need motor part number(###) ###-####br />

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This happens regardless if the extractor is switched on. ie the hood can just have the lights on and the Fuse box will trip.
Is it possible this could be the control module?

If you take out the plug from the side of the motor and power up the appliance again, does this still happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not tried that yet, I will give it a go tonight and get back to you. Many thanks.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all many apologies for not replying earlier, I was away for the weekend.
I unplugged the motor and turned on the Hood spur and the Fuse box tripped straight away.
Does this mean it is the control module?Many thanks,Tirath

It is possible, however, there are possibilities of other causes too... the transformer for instance...

Can you read a wiring diagram so that you can test for the source of the fault once it has happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a friend who is an electrician who I can use - would this help?
Regards,
Tirath

The wiring diagram for this model is attached.. you should be able to use it to trace power loss following your trip.

.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.