George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Beko WME 7267W washing machine. It has started

I have a Beko WME 7267W washing machine. It has started making occasional banging sounds when spinning. Not the same sounds as an unbalanced drum and not at regular intervals. I've drained it, checked the filter and the seal for coins etc and spun the drum manually and then empty and it seemed ok, but started knocking again when put a few items in to spin at 1600. Any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 5 months ago.

Hello Amaryllis,

Can you tell me, does the noise only happen when you put the appliance into a spin mode?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know. I noticed it when it was on a spin cycle so I stopped the machine, emptied it, drained it and cleaned the filter. I checked the drum and seals and then span it at 1600 on the drain/spin mode for the full 20 mins. It ran silently. I then re-loaded the items I had removed after checking them again for coins etc. The machine span ok for a while but the bang sounds started again about halfway through the cycle. Do you want me to test it using a wash cycle and let you know when the noise happens?

Ok.. Try loading the appliance with dry clothes and put the appliance on to a spin cycle...

Let me know if the banging is sill there.

Whilst doing this, watch the drum as it is spinning.. Let me know if there are any jumps or speed alterations

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I loaded dry washing and started the 'Spin -Drain cycle' Normally the pump starts and the drum starts. That happened but the pump was making a grinding sort of rattling noise so I switched the thing off.

Ok, there is a flaf in the kick panel to the right hand lower of the front of the appliance.. Open that and drain off any water using the black tube therein. Once the water is drained off, open the filter and check for coins and other debris..

Let me know what happens and what you find in there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did all that right at the start when I first noticed a problem, but I'll do it again to be certain.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I re-drained the machine and checked the filter again. This time I retrieved the remains of a circular elasticated hair tie. The 11mm metal piece that joins the two ends of the elastic is still just about attached at one end of a 100mm stip of elastic the cover of which has been worn to fluff. I then re- ran the machine on the 1600 spin-drain programme and the noise and grinding were absent at the start, during and at the end. It appears we have identified the cause of the problem. :-)

That's excellent news.
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair