George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an upright freezer Z FU727fw.The orange warning light

I have an upright freezer Z FU727fw.The orange warning light comes for varying periods even when the freezer is not opened.The freezer continues to operate normally.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Philip,

The orange light is letting you know that there has been a temperature alteration inside the freezer section and and that the appliance has therefore turned on the Fast Freeze facility to attempt to bring the freezer to the correct temperature.

This could be because of one or more reasons.

• Compressor is not turning on often enough (sensor problems)
  • Appliance is short on refridgeration
  • Cooling problems inside the freezer (fan issues)
  • Cooling problems inside the freezer (ice issues)
  • Cooling problems inside the freezer (sealing issues)

To start, trap a peice of paper between the freezer and the door seal. Move the paper around the door and tell me if the paper becomes easier to move at any point.