JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Toshiba T8100 Model No PT810E-02152-EN Ser. No.

I have a Toshiba T8100 Model No PT810E-02152-EN
Ser. No. 80737056G ST810-0
Discovered among my father's possessions - he has now passed on. There was no power lead so I obtained a generic power adapter which turns on a green light (at the beginning of a row of six) but nothing else happens. I have carefully checked each side of the laptop for any sign of a switch, also tried all the keys on the keyboard.
Can you please advise me of the switch on procedure, I need to access the laptop for his wife's insurance policy details.
Would be much obliged for your help.
Thanks from Tony Easton
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi there is a power button on the left hand side of the laptop (see attached image), there may be a small cover over the button this should slide towards the back to reveal the power button - it was designed so not to accidentally turn the laptop on / off during transit.

Holding the button in for 2-3 seconds should start the laptop up.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

James