KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Zanussi ZDC8202P - start/pause button is flashing red and

Customer Question

Zanussi ZDC8202P - start/pause button is flashing red and nothing will work. Have tried turning off at the plug and various other buttons but nothing. Cleared all filters and tank.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 months ago.

Hi, lets see if we can get the error code… to do this unplug the appliance and then plug it back after 5 minutes… now switch it on and wait for the lights .. and within 5 seconds Press and hold the START/Pause and button left of it together….. while holding them turn the dial 1 click clockwise… keep on holding the buttons until the lights start flashing….when lights start flashing release the buttons and turn the dial to further 7 clicks clockwise… Count number of red flashes and then number of green flashes…if you don’t get any flashes then move the dial 2 clicks further clockwise

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My dryer does not have any dials!

OK instead of dials use the buttons

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Which buttons. There are several
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had already found the answer you gave me on the Internet and had tried the solution but there are no dials. The model I have only has automatic functions, you can't set specific times
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am looking for an answer for the specific model I quoted

These models have dials as well ... anyways switch the appliance on and wait for the lights .. and within 5 seconds Press and hold the START/Pause and any of the OPTIONS buttons simultaneously... while holding them press the Program selection button once and the lights will flash

I means yours does not have dial... I just checked... follow the steps above and it will give an error code, let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no display so how do I see an error code?

Flashing lights will indicate a error code...start light will flash red in set sequence then green ..... please count and let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have followed your instructions but nothing happens
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done this. The red light simply continues to flash rhythmically and does not change colour or stop. I have tried a combination of the start button and different other buttons but get the same result. However I have noticed the beeper goes beep beep beep (x3) then the red light flashes 15 times in between the three sets of beeps.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not had a response to my question but have had an email asking for me to rate the response.As far as I can see I haven't actually had any information that I should be paying for yet.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have still not had a response to my query.

Sorry I was away for few days... as it is not giving any error code and is not responding to our test sequence it is probably the control that is bad and will need replacement