Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an undesirable IWE7145. Switched it on to wash this

Customer Question

I have an undesirable IWE7145. Switched it on to wash this morning and has filled with water just stopped. No error code, timer counting down but no action. Unable to unlock door. We have unlocked door manually and We have cleaned the pump and managed to restart the machine, but it has stopped agin after 4 minutes. Can u help please.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your washer?

Also can you turn the machine off? Or is it unresponsive to that?

And when you turn it back on, what is its status?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approx 5 yrs old but not sure. Machine will turn off but door stays locked. Didn't state end although counted down to 1 min.Status when turned back on is back to start of previous selected program
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

Please unplug the washer or turn it off at the mains for 15 full minutes.

Then re apply power, this will reset the machine, if that clears the error condition Great!

But if not you will need a new main control board (console).

Its easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools if you are a little handy, I will help you as well.

I would take a few pics of the wiring plug locations so you are sure where they all go back on the board;-)

The best place to get a new main control board is: http://www.espares.co.uk/

I would call to place this order so you are sure to get the correct one;-)

Please call Espares: 0844 9777 888.

If you need another source for some reason please let me know.

They usually ship the part the same day you call.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Michael. Have switched off for 20 mins and restarted, but same issues. Do you have any idea re price of board? As may just be worth purchasing a new machine. HUsband able to fit the board if we go for that option. Many thanks for a brilliant service. Would definitely use again. Kind Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi MichaelYes we did rate your answers. After checking price and waiting time for parts, decided to purchase new machine.Kind regardsLisa White
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lisa, sometimes that is a good option if budget allows ;-)

Best of luck with your new machine!

Tech Michael