George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

New Siemens oven blowing the house fuse

new Siemens oven blowing the house fuse
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In March 2016 I had my kitchen fitted with 3 ovens and 2 warming drawers, all Siemens - special high power electrical supply was added. All have been working well. Now 1 oven (the simple one with no microwave or steam) blows the power the second it is switched on to heat. All the others can be on high power together with no problems. Is this likely to be an installation problem or a fault with the oven?. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi, is this oven brand new?

Also may I have the full model #?

I can tell you its likely an oven fault.
I have to run out but I will be back shortly I will see what you write when I return;-)

Thank you for your patience!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model is HB676GB.1B - all the ovens were new
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a UK Engineer...

can you tell me if you mean that it trips immediately that you use the on/off switch?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The oven can be on, with the date etc. showing in lights with no issues - it only trips when I set the temperature and press start, at that point it trips immediately

Then the likelihood is that there is an insulation issue with one of the elements being used by the appliance and the element is shorting the power to earth

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair