Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch Athlet 25.2 V vacuum cleaner ans it keeps

I have a Bosch Athlet 25.2 V vacuum cleaner ans it keeps cutting out for a couple of seconds when in use. It then restarts itself and workes for a short while before ir cuts out again. It is almost like it has a break in a power cable, but of course thise is cordless. The battery power will lasr for hours.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

When it cuts off, how long before it will restart on its own?

Also how old is your vacuum?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
About 1-2 seconds. The vacuum is about 14 months old.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that. This problem is a bad motor. Whats happening is that the thermal cut out or(fuse) as you might call it keeps tripping because of a bad motor winding that has shorted and is drawing too much current.

I would contact Bosch about this since it is so new. They may fix this free, they are usually pretty good about that.

Its best to use the phone # in the user manual and on the warranty card for fastest results.

If you need more info please let me know.

I wish I had better news for you on this, I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week!

Sincerely

Tech Michael