JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Our zanussi zwf 16070 wi washing machine is 6 years

our zanussi zwf 16070 wi washing machine is 6 years old,yesterday as it was going through the wash 40% cycle the machine appeared to stop.
my wife thinking it had completed try to open the door,of course she was unable to.
now it will not start,i drained the machine and removed the washing,power is on,no kinks in water supply,all lights working except the ,wash -door-end lights can you help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

So you arent seeing any of the lights flashing on the display?

My guess is that this is a drain related fault, since you have checked the water supply pipe I assume you have also checked the waste pipe too for kinks, which would suggest the next thing to look at is the pump.

When draining the unit down, did the filter look clear?

I would be tempted to remove the filter with the power off at the wall, set the dial to drain (7 o'clock position), turn the power back on and see if you can see the impeller in the filter housing spin, when you hit start.

Let me know how you get on, and if the washer will let you select and start a new program.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have done as you advised the impeller did not spin and i was unable to select a new program
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried your advise once again still the same
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Its going to need an engineer visit to strip the unit down, as it sounds like the control board is getting an input putting it into a fault state, however without an error code I cant really direct you to what part is causing the fault (it may well be the control board itself), however by stripping the unit down and checking each sensor in turn for continuity it gives some certainty that replacing a given part will clear the fault.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer please provide you postcode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my post code is. bt367dt
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

There is an engineer who comes very recommended, he doesnt charge a great deal and has an excellent track record of getting washers back working, and being up front in terms of if its economical to repair.

Peter is in Belfast most days this weeks, he can be contacted on*********** he just charges a £10 call out fee to cover his fuel, and can give you a quote for repair there and then.

Alternatively I would recommend Service Force who are the approved Zanussi repair centre, but charge around a £60 call out fee.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear *****,the engineer called checked the machine and informed us we would need a new control panel cost plus his fee would be £150-£160 approx.
so we went to currys and purchased a new samsung.
hope it lasts for a few years.thank you for your help.