JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have just had a neff induction hob fitted T41B30X2/03.

Hi I have just had a neff induction hob fitted T41B30X2/03. What is the default setting? 20, 16, 13 amps? I asked electrician to follow install routine but he messed it up. Have tried to run it again having switched off at fuse box for 1 hour plus but do not get the confirmation message to RHS of right had hob rings. What is my hob set to?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The default setting is 20 amps.

If your not sure if the electrician has set the power rating correctly you can easily go in and change it, as per the install guide.

Power on the hob without any pans on it, straight away set all hobs to level 1 for 20A, level 2 for 16A or level 3 for 13A.

Using the - button start with the bottom right hob, and set it to 0, followed by far right, then far left, finally set the bottom left to 0, the current should now be shown on the display eg "A/2" and "A/0" for 20A.

Press the power button on the hob and the setting should be saved.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and check if you required any further assistance, and request you rate the service received so I may resolve this case.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finally got to speak with a guy from neff who told me how to check what the hob was set to. Neff hobs no longer provide an acknowledgement of success on the set routine. The install routine is first use only unless you turn off at fuse box for 2 mins plus.